I found this idea on doTerra’s Blog. I was curious to see if it actually worked so I tried it out. I found it is a pretty decoration that gives the space a nice aroma!
All you need
- Water beads, choose whatever colors you want (order here or find at your local craft store)
- A glass container/vase, style of your choice ( I chose a simple small rounded one)
- Your Favorite Essential Oil (I used Lavender in one, Wild orange in another, and frankincense in a third one)
- Clean glass container/vase. When dry place water beads inside. Use an amount that will fill container. (Note: They expand quite a bit so try not to use too many)
- Add water. It took about 1 -1 ½ cups for my size container. Wait for water beads to expand. You can let them sit overnight.
- Once water beads have expanded, drain the excess water.
- Drop 3-5 drops of your Choice Essential oil. I found that 5 drops works best.
You can add a bow or lace if you would like. Dress it up how you like it. You’re only maintenance is to re drop essential oil about every 4 days or as the aroma disappears. I suggest cleaning glass container every couple of weeks to freshen up.