The winter months can be harsh on your hands. I know mine are always dry when its cold out. In searching for some kind of relief, I made my own hand salve. It is wonderful! I love using it because it nourishes my hands. They absorb it and I get that relief I am looking for!
What you need
- 1 TBS Beeswax
- 4 TBS Mango Butter
- 2 TBS Avocado Oil
- 5 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 2 Drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 2 Drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- Small tin or small glass container
How to DIY
- Either use a double boiler or a mason jar and a small pot. Place Beeswax, Mango Butter and Avocado oil in Mason jar. Place Mason jar in about 2-3 inches of water in the pot. Turn on stove top to medium-high heat.
- Wait and watch allow everything to melt together, can swirl the jar around mixing up ingredients.
- Once all is melted turn off heat and add lavender, eucalyptus and rosemary Essential Oils.
- Pour into tin or glass jar
- Viola! You have your very own Hand Salve. Let it cool and then you can begin to use it.
- If using a small glass container double the recipe
- Can also do 7 drops of Geranium and 7 drops of Cedarwood
Why I choose to use…
Mango Butter – I think it is a bit more moisturizing then shea butter, my personal opinion. I like the texture better.
Avocado Oil- It is very good for the skin and is packed with antioxidants. Great for use with skin irritations and dryness.
Lavender Essential oil – helps heal dry skin and is calming to the body
Eucalyptus and Rosemary Essential oil- Calming effects and great aromas for the colder time of year
You May also be Interested In