You are Energy, I am energy. We are all Energy. Big Balls of Energy. We give, and we receive every moment of everyday. Here’s the thing though, we give off our positive and negative energy and we receive both from others. Did you ever wonder why it seems when you are around certain people you feel blah or just negative in general?
Having my son was one of the most beautiful moments of my life but also one of the most trying. Labor and delivery can be stressful, scary, painful, exciting, and amazing all at the same time. How do we deal with that naturally without side effects of an epidural or synthetic medicine? The use of Essential Oils…they do not mask symptoms but instead work with the body to heal itself. Ease the stress and anxiety, relieve the pain, heal the body…essential oils do all of this. I will go over essential oil usage during the three stages of labor and a great way to welcome your newborn.
Stephanie Fritz LM, CPM said “Clary Sage is a uterine tonic that assists with effective contractions. It can be euphoric and wonderful for relieving anxiety as well. It calms the nervous system, relieves tension, brings on labor, and helps with expelling afterbirth. I recommend Clary Sage with Geranium and Lavender.” Stephanie Fritz is the author of an amazing book called Essential Oils for Pregnancy, Birth & Babies .
It was recommended to me to use Peppermint and/or Balance on the low back and Clary Sage on the abdomen for contractions.
A great way to assist everyone in the delivery room is to diffuse Essential oils. You want a calming oil and an invigorating oil. Calming oils would be Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Serenity, or Balance. Invigorating oils would be Wild Orange, Elevation, or Citrus Bliss. It may be a good idea to diffuse On Guard as well to kill all any germs in the air.
Labor Stage 1
Balance, Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Clary Sage, or Whisper
- Use 2 drops to 1 tsp fractionated coconut oil and rub on hips, bottoms of the feet, and/or abdomen
- Take a bath using 2 drops to 2 tsp bath salts
- Soak a washcloth in 2 drops to 1 cup of warm water mixture. Hold washcloth on abdomen and/or back for as long as desired
Labor Stage 2
Labor pains – use 2 drops Basil to 2 tsp Fractionated Coconut Oil rub on temples and/or abdomen
Stress – 2 drops to a bowl of cool water, soak a washcloth and rub on the face. Use any of the following oils
- Wild Orange
- Citrus Bliss
Prevent Hyperventilation by inhaling 1-2 drops of Wild Orange, Ylang Ylang, or Breathe.
Labor Stage 3
Massage abdomen until uterus is well contracted and firm with Whisper, Geranium, and Lavender. 5 drops Whisper to 5 drops Geranium to 7 drops Lavender to 2 ½ tsp Fractionated Coconut Oil
Soak a washcloth in warm water with 2 drops of Whisper and rub over abdomen
When using essential oils on Newborns 1 drop is all you need and dilution is usually recommended.
Place 1 drop of Frankincense on baby’s crown of the head and spine for protection and to assist bonding.
Place 1 drop of Myrrh on umbilical cord to help seal tissue (like a liquid band aid) and protect all systems.
Place 1 drop of Balance to the feet to ground and align baby.
Place 1 drop of Melissa on bottoms of the feet for DNA repair
Circumcision – Immortelle, Lavender and Frankincense
Jaundice – Geranium and Lavender or Geranium and Lemon on bottoms of the feet
I have found Essential Oils to have profound effects on myself and my son. I encourage you to research more, ask questions, and find what helps you to delivery naturally. If you are interested in purchasing the Essential Oils please contact me or take a look on DoTerra’s Page. I also encourage you to read Essential Oils for Pregnancy, Birth & Babies by Stephanie Fritz.
I will have a post about Essential Oils Postpartum soon, check back!
You May also be Interested In
This is a 3-day cleanse and detox of your body, in other words in kicks all the toxins out! It is the fruit feast! This really is a great empowering journey. The fruit feast is 3 days of only eating fruit, which is anything with seeds. You can eat as much as you want throughout the day. There are actually several options.
- Squash- including Spaghetti Squash
- Coconut oil or olive oil
- You can use black pepper but no salt
- Coconut water but you have to make sure it is real coconut water not from concentrate
- Traditional Fruit- apples, oranges, melons, grapes, bananas, etc.
- Many more options
It is healthy and safe. This 3-day journey cleanses the body and clears the mind. I just finished and my body feels great. This was my first fruit feast and I am planning to do it once a month. I did learn some helpful information.
- It is important to be prepared with all the fruit because you will be hungry and this is out of the ordinary. So you want to make sure to have all that you need to satisfy you’re hunger so that you are not tempted to give up. Remember you can eat as much as you want, it just can only be fruit, anything with seeds.
- Eat different types of food. Make a smoothie, drink juice (natural, no additives), make soup, make a meal, and pick up pieces of fruit throughout your day.
- Hydrate; make sure to drink plenty of water.
- Take time to rest your body, you will be tired at the end of the day. Your body is cleansing and detoxing. Rest is important to this process.
- You will go to the bathroom a lot, fruit is packed with water
During my fruit feast I did not prepare myself well enough. I was looking to make a variety of foods but I was unaware of the possibilities. I am now researching for recipes for next time! I read some people say they lost weight…I do not stand on the scale because I believe it is not about how much I weigh it is about how I feel about myself. With that being said my body definitely felt lighter and I could breathe with ease. It was also empowering. I did not give in to temptation. I only ate fruit for three days and that shows how much power I have over myself. When we believe we are okay, we are! So I challenge you to do the fruit feast. Cleanse your body and clear your mind…You can do it!
You May also be Interested in