Yoga is an amazing practice. It creates a space for us to open up, let go and breathe. Sometimes yoga is the only time we allow ourselves to relax. So when we enjoy yoga in the morning this can become difficult to balance energizing and relaxing on the mat. I know you want that relaxation from the chaos of life and still have energy for the day...
This is one of my favorite do it yourself projects. And project is a big word, this is not a project. It takes about 5-10 minutes. Simple Easy and I can never find chapstick I like more! Have you ever made your own products? Yes or no this is a great one to start with.
What You Need
- 2 ½ tsp Mango Butter
- 1 tsp Almond Oil
- 1 tsp Beeswax
- Essential Oils
- Lip Balm tubes
- Dropper (optional)
How to make Chap Stick
- Take a pint size mason jar (A double boiler works as well) and place Mango Butter, Almond oil, and Beeswax in the jar.
- Place an inch or two of water in a pot. Put the Mason jar in the pot and turn on stove to med-high heat.
- Watch and shake jar occasionally as the contents melts together. While melting line up three Lip Balm tubes.
- Once all is melted turn off the heat and add 1 drop of essential oil of choice ( or 1 drop of two different essential oils)
- Then use the dropper to put mixture into the tubes. Do this quickly as the mixture will begin to harden.
- Let the tubes sit for a few hours to harden fully.
- Voila! You have your very own Chapstick!
This is going to be soft to medium, to make it hard add more beeswax. Also this recipe makes three tubes. If you want to make more than that double or triple the recipe. I chose mango butter because I think it is softer and smoother, shea butter and cocoa butter work with this recipe too. Everything you need can be found here.
Some of our Favorite Essential Oils to use
You May also be Interested In
Mouthwash bought in the store sometimes is the worst thing for you. If you look at the ingredients there are a ton of chemicals and most have side effects if too much gets swallowed. Learning about this a few months ago I decided to experiment and come up with my own Mouthwash, Here is my final result…
What’s inside the Glass Bottle?
Basically I drop 1-2 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil and 1-2 drops of Lemon Essential Oil fill glass bottle up ½ way with Sesame or Coconut Oil (liquid form) and the Rest with water. There you have in your own Mouthwash. Simple, Quick, Easy, and Healthy for you!
You May also be Interested in
Are you trying to quit smoking? Have a friend trying to quit? Smoking is a habit that kills…a very popular one at that. Of course there are many options out there, most just as unnatural as the cigarettes. Now the e-cigarettes are on the rise. Secret I have heard they are not better then cigarettes they have lots of chemicals in them too. The idea of the e-cigarette is good; it is really just a vaporizer. However the liquid that you fill it with determines if it is good or bad. When you are serious about quitting, why put more chemicals in your body…