So I know what you are thinking can taco dip be healthy…well maybe it’s a controversy but I made this taco dip with the mindset that I want it as healthy as possible. So I came up with this recipe and I must say it is better than any other taco dip I have had before.
What you need
- Fresh salsa (make your own or buy it)
- Block of your choice of cheese
- Baby spinach
- Sour cream (vegan, regular, homemade)-optional*
- Lime essential oils
- 1 TBSP Taco seasoning (recipe below or you can buy from the store)
Taco Seasoning (you can also use this to season tacos- 2 TBSP per lb. of meat)
- 2 TBSP chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
How to make it
If you are making fresh salsa you should make this before anything else.
- Slice avocado (I used 1 but I made a small dish, if you are making a larger dish 2 or 3 avocados may be needed. It depends on the size of the dish). Chop up baby spinach. Eye out the amount you want on top, I used about ½ cup but I made a small dish.
- Place sliced avocado/s in food processor or blender. Add sour cream if you would like, the amount is up to your preference. I used about 2 TBSP. Then add 1 TBSP of taco seasoning (2 TBSP if using 2 or 3 avocados). I also added a drop of lime essential oil. (If using lime essential oil you must store dip in a glass container and if blended in a plastic container clean right away.) Then mix/blend together until you have a guacamole type of consistence. Spread into bottom of dish.
- Next spread your fresh salsa on top. Followed by your chopped baby spinach. (you can hold off on the baby spinach and mix with cheese if you want)
- Shred your cheese of choice. I never buy packaged shredded cheese anymore because I read an article that said wood chips are put in the packaged shredded cheese to keep the cheese from sticking together. (I cannot remember where I read this; if I did I would give you a link. Bottom line, I am ok with my cheese sticking together!)
- Once you have shredded the cheese place on top or mix with baby spinach and place on top, your choice.
Now you have a delicious and healthy taco dip to eat with whatever chips or veggies you would like!
Below is an affiliate link
To Purchase Lime Essential oil click here
You May also be Interested in